Why should you take this course?
The Advanced Automotive Upholstery Course is offered to students who wish to expand their knowledge of automotive upholstery. Students must have taken the 180 hour Intro to Custom Upholstery Course prior to signing up for this course. The following topics will be covered:
- Safety Requirements for Experienced Upholstery Professionals
- Designing the Interior of a Vehicle
- Rebuilding an Automotive Seat
- Working with the Frame of the Seat
- Removing Rust from the Metal Frame
- Different Types of Upholstery Foam
- Specifications of Upholstery Foam
- Making and Shaping the Automotive Seats
- Designing and Making a Custom Seat Cover
- Making a Door Panel from Scratch
- Using Fiberglass and Bondo to Shape the Door Panel
- Making and Upholstery Compound Curves on the Door Panel
- Designing a Custom Center Console
- Taking Proper Measurements Inside the Vehicle
- Functionalities of the Center Console
- Different Types of Convertible Tops
- Removing and Attaching a Convertible Top
- Carpeting for the Vehicle
- Making Custom Floor Mats
- Business Aspects of Auto Upholstery
- Sales Tips and Techniques
- Developing a Portfolio
The Advanced Automotive Upholstery Course is divided in 6 segments. All segments will include two sections: Instructional and Hands-On.
The Advanced Automotive Upholstery Course consists of 220 hours of training. It is offered in the day. Students who take this course will be able to work at any automotive upholstery shop.
Registration for Courses:
Students may register for courses at any time up to one week prior to the start of classes. Those students who need to apply for financing should attempt to register at least one month prior to the start of classes.
- Identification (driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Initial payment for registration and tuition fees (cash, personal checks, and all major credit/debit cards are accepted)
- Signed Enrollment Contract
- Complete the School Financial Application if an extended payment plan is required