Learning to use the Sewing Machine
Finishing Automotive Seats
Reupholstering Door Panels
Reupholstering Other Parts of the Vehicle
Individual Student Projects
Why should you take this course?
This course will prepare you to become a professional automotive upholsterer and redesign the interior of any vehicle. You will learn a trade that will not only allow you to work on cars, but also on boats, planes, helicopters, and residential upholstery. If you are a hands on learner, you will greatly benefit from 90% hands on training. If you have been working in the automotive industry and wish to expand your skills, this would be the right course for you.
A professional installer who knows how to properly design the interior of a vehicle will be considered more marketable in today’s competitive industry. You will not depend on pre-fabricated pieces that may limit your creativity. By learning how to design and properly complete the interior of a vehicle, you will be considered a true custom fabricator.
Curriculum Topics Include:
- Work with different materials and fabrics
- Make your own patterns
- Learn about different materials and tools used in the upholstery field
- Custom Design the Interior of a vehicle
- The layout, fabrication, and installation of seat upholstery, door panels, headliners, steering wheels, visors, and carpeting
- Different types of stitching and piping
- Choosing fabrics and colors
- Business Aspects of Auto Upholstery
- Sales Tips
This course will prepare students to become professional automotive upholsterers and automotive interior designers. Students will learn how a shop is managed and organized. They will learn how to sew, troubleshoot the sewing machine, design and make custom seats, door panels, and so much more as well as keep all projects that are made in class. They will also be exposed to marine, aviation, and residential upholstery. Students can build a portfolio and prepare a resume to go on job interviews.
Classes Start Soon
- DAY CLASS: February 23, 2015, March 30, 2015, May 18, 2015, or June 22, 2015
- SATURDAY CLASS: July 11, 2015